Migration Collective is trying to grow!
Our work aims to challenge the narrow rhetoric on migration through projects and events tackling the intersection of art, academia and action. We feel that too often migration is framed in binary terms, with migrants as either enemies or victims. Because our projects are increasing in number and complexity we would like additional support to take it even further.
Our past, present and future projects include: the annual London Migration Film Festival, cooking workshops led by refugee and migrant women, hosting a living library at the V&A, writing and commissioning pieces for a blog, storytelling events, production of the short film Stories Untold, exhibitions, and film screenings.
Our new member would join Migration Collective either as a Project Manager, leading on an individual or series of events or projects. We are a small, tight-knit team of three women and a number of project-based volunteers. As we are a collective, we exercise collective decision-making, negotiating in order to reach consensus. While historically the members of Migration Collective have not been compensated for their work, we are moving towards a social enterprise model in which leaders of projects may fundraise (and be compensated) for the projects on which they lead.
We’re looking for someone who:
· Has experience working in/with migration in the UK or abroad (practical/charitable, academic, artistic)
· Has a unique skillset which you feel would add something to Migration Collective
· Is open-minded, but critical
· Has initiative and an independent work ethic
· Works well in a small team who practice collective decision-making
· *We welcome applicants with a refugee or migrant background (including people with precarious immigration status), but this is not a requirement
We are based in South London and often meet to work in the local area. Commitment time per week is variable depending on projects (estimate approx. 5 hrs/week), but meetings usually take place in the evening and the work can be shaped around other commitments.
If interested please send us your CV, a statement of interest, and give an outline of a project you would like to develop with us. Feel free to be creative with how you present this idea!
Please send this by: 25 March 2018 to email@example.com